Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Potty Training

We have been practicing elimination communication since Renzo was about 2 months old . Whenever we know that he's pooping, we sit him on his potty chair (usually still with clothes on) and say "poo poo" until he finish.  After that, we would change his diapers.  

Today was a breakthrough.  I took him to the sink upon waking up, removed his diapers and started saying "wish-wish" and "wiwi" to him while he was facing the mirror...  And guess what happened next? He peed! We're so happy... It was a first!

I know we still have a long way... But I am so excited for my little guy.  The goal is to be potty trained before age 2 and things look positively reassuring.
 

3 comments:

Only A Mama knows said...

HOORAY!!!! Congrats Mama and Renzo!! Way to go!!! ;) I was wondering how things were going. Yay!

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

I like how he looks so curious about it and doesn't seem to mind no training :) He seems to enjoy it!

Barry said...

Wow he's getting so big! Keep up the good work with the training! :)